Freestyle Lite BG Test Strips Surplus to Needs

WJP1055

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar, being overweight
This is my first post even though I have been Type 1 for 50 years. However, I do read the posts quite often and I'm still learning about this condition. I often see questions about restrictions that are placed on the number test strips that are allowed to patients and with this in mind I thought to provide a little help to someone that could use these test strips. My BG meter recently broke down which has left me with surplus test strips as my new meter is different to my old meter. The pharmacy say if I return the test strips they will be destroyed, which I consider rather wasteful. I have approximately 80 test strips and will mail them FOC to anyone in the UK who wants them. I'm sure there is a way an address can be passed on privately?

Reactions: LooperCat

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi
i did have old meter as you...
but and this a big BUT for heatlh and saftey reasons not alway pos to give away
point 1 WHAT BRAND
point 2 try and give to local clinic or local diabetes nurse they may knowsomewithh same meter
in the end i ditched my old pump back to the rep
very good but it not always possible with all the rules and regs try the local group also
vic 60 years on insulin
ps well done for posting nice to have a 50 TYPE 1 on line

WJP1055

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar, being overweight
Hi Vic. I'll try the DN but I doubt she'll know one meter from the next. Thanks very much for the suggestions. Happy days. Dyddiau da.

Jessitalia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This is my first post even though I have been Type 1 for 50 years. However, I do read the posts quite often and I'm still learning about this condition. I often see questions about restrictions that are placed on the number test strips that are allowed to patients and with this in mind I thought to provide a little help to someone that could use these test strips. My BG meter recently broke down which has left me with surplus test strips as my new meter is different to my old meter. The pharmacy say if I return the test strips they will be destroyed, which I consider rather wasteful. I have approximately 80 test strips and will mail them FOC to anyone in the UK who wants them. I'm sure there is a way an address can be passed on privately?
Hi, if you’ve not found a taker, I’d happily take these off your hands! I love these test strips as they require such a tiny amount of blood. Loathe to give up my insulinx machine as a result.

WJP1055

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sugar, being overweight
Hi jessitalia. I still have them is there a way you can send me your address through this site?