Freestyle Optium Neo H Question?

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi folks I have a question
I self fund my test strips, and the corner stone of being able to afford them, is snagging a bargain whenever I see one, on any of the online marketplaces.
I can purchase a Freestyle Optium Neo H, blood glucose test strips at a reasonable price online, however, my meter is a freestyle Optium Neo.
I have done some research and the Optium Neo H is a verson for health care professionals/Hospitals.

Now to my question.
1) Have you ever used the Freestyle Optium Neo H blood glucose test strips
2) Is the Freestyle Optium Neo H, blood glucose test strip, compatible with the Freestyle Optium Neo blood glucose meter?

Thanks

BloodThirsty

Hi folks I have a question
I self fund my test strips, and the corner stone of being able to afford them, is snagging a bargain whenever I see one, on any of the online marketplaces.
I can purchase a Freestyle Optium Neo H, blood glucose test strips at a reasonable price online, however, my meter is a freestyle Optium Neo.
I have done some research and the Optium Neo H is a verson for health care professionals/Hospitals.

Now to my question.
1) Have you ever used the Freestyle Optium Neo H blood glucose test strips
2) Is the Freestyle Optium Neo H, blood glucose test strip, compatible with the Freestyle Optium Neo blood glucose meter?

Thanks
Sorry to be the belated purveyor of bad news but: "The FreeStyle Opum Neo H meter is designed to be used only with FreeStyle Opum Neo H Blood Glucose Test Strips".

You can download the relevant PDF at https://myfreestyle.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NeoH-On-Line-Module-Version-3.pdf

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks,
I went ahead and purchased a Freestyle Optium Neo H. meter
Turns out to be a waste of money, because tests give the same values on a Freestyle Optium Neo I used for comparison.
On the same blood drop.

BloodThirsty

Thanks,
Turns out to be a waste of money, because tests give the same values on a Freestyle Optium Neo I used for comparison.
On the same blood drop.
You probably expected a POC piece of kit to produce more accurate results.

I recently bought an Accu-Chek Aviva Expert from a chap on eBay and must admit it is well built and seems to produce fairly consistent results.

Mind you, as I am not Type 1 half of the functions are totally wasted... still, I do like a professional gizmo.

Thanks,
On the same blood drop.

Did you try to use the H strips on your non-H meter (the answer to your question 2) please?
I am in the same situation and tempted to buy the "Neo H" strips for my "Neo" meter. Please advise.
Thanks

deckeogh

I believe that you will not have any issue using the Optimum H strips with your Neo (non H) meter, if you review the version number of the strips on the Neo strip packaging and also on the H they are exactly the same, if you use High and Low Abbott control material note the ranges on the insert for the H that is included in the box.