Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
May I ask when members saw their first positive results in terms of bg when fasting? Would one see good or better numbers on the first ever fast?

For background, I am on food dependant drugs for other conditions three of which raise my bg. Obviously I would not be anle to take these drugs while fasting but I am prepared to give fasting a good go if the results shone through straight away. I would not be able to fast on a regular basis and could go no longer than 23 hours. Any advice would be most welcome as my fbg levels have started to rise quite worryingly.

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
I think everyone is so different. For me, I don’t usually see much change in my blood glucose in a 23 hr fast. That being said, I fast regularly, both intermittent and longer, and I keep in mind that my insulin levels are lower by the end of any fast. You need to remember that shorter fasts give results by being repeated, which you said was not an option. the results just come slower.

Have you considered intermittent fasting by just shortening your eating window? There is enough info out there on the benefits of just eating during a 6 hr window as a daily life style. There is also information about just eating 3 meals a day with no snacks. Yes, these all take longer, but would be consistent with what your meds allow.

Since I assume you are on these meds for a reason, I would not advise you stop them I order to fast. I would rather, if you want to fast, you find a way to work the fasting around them.

I am also assuming you have tried a low carb possibly Ketogenic diet. If not, I would look into it. Especially since your meds already increase your glucose and require meals.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thank you for your reply. I follow a LCHF diet and have seen great results. I have two meals per day and no longer snack. I take creamed coffee to stem DP effects. As always, it seems to be a case of individual response. I will think on it a little more.