Frequency of Freestyle Libre readings

jwillyf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just a few hours into the first use of this technology and I’m loving it.
I have read the manual but cannot find an answer to this question:
Does the sensor have the capability of recording glucose levels at set intervals which are then relayed to the meter when the meter is brought into close proximity OR
are glucose levels only recorded on each occasion meter and sensor are placed close together? In the latter case the extent of data is presumably going to be set by how often one remembers to approximate meter and sensor.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @jwillyf

The sensor takes a reading every minute and stores them internally for 8 hours. However, you have to move your reader close to the sensor in order to find out what those readings are!

I.e. whenever you choose to do so, once an hour, or whenever. This is ideal over night as you may only want to check once in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning.

Every time you bring the reader across to the sensor, it gives you the current reading i.e. a number such as 6.5, the trend arrow showing up or down, and an updated graph based on the previous 8 hours’ sensor readings.

If you sleep for more than 8 hours, you will miss data that will no longer be saved to the sensor’s memory.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Ps. If you’ve only just got your Libre, you’re probably going to be checking 30-40 times a day until the novelty wears off!!!

Reactions: RFSMarch

jwillyf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks, Ledzeptt. You are right about frequently checking with the meter!
I was looking for ways to permanently record the data on my PC. My phone is an IPhone and my wife’s phone is not NFC capable, so no options there.
By looking on this forum, I came across the Diasend software which is now installed on the PC, and is working perfectly uploading the stats from the Libre meter automatically.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not quite @Ledzeptt - the sensor takes a reading every minute, and every fifteen minutes, stores an average of those readings, which it keeps for eight hours, so when you run the reader over the sensor it pulls off the last 15 minutes of 1 minute readings and all 15 minute averages going back to the last scan time, or eight hours earlier, dependent on which is the most recent..

Reactions: Lucieni

Sweet_you_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just a few hours into the first use of this technology and I’m loving it.
I have read the manual but cannot find an answer to this question:
Does the sensor have the capability of recording glucose levels at set intervals which are then relayed to the meter when the meter is brought into close proximity OR
are glucose levels only recorded on each occasion meter and sensor are placed close together? In the latter case the extent of data is presumably going to be set by how often one remembers to approximate meter and sensor.
Hii
Even i use free style libre pro... Once the sensor is placed it starts recording oafter an hour and from thn it records the reading for every 15min for 14days.u can check your readings by bringing ur reader near the sensor and thn copy to ur computer and check... U can also check on the reader but v can see only the graph..