Frequent Urine infections?

Hotpepper20000

i love soaking in the bathtub. I used to be able to have bubbles or soap in the water but started to get UTIs all the time. Now I just put in a cup of Kosher salt and it's stoped all the infections.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@EllsKBells my grandmother swore by cranberry juice. Can you have cranberry juice? I know type2s keep it out their diet due to carb content.
I believe it does ward off water infections.

Reactions: EllsKBells

Hotpepper20000

@EllsKBells my grandmother swore by cranberry juice. Can you have cranberry juice? I know type2s keep it out their diet due to carb content.
I believe it does ward off water infections.

If you can find cranberry tablets hey are much better then the juice. There is no sugar. It does take awhile for them to work. So you still need antibiotics once you have the infection but they work great as a preventative.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ironically since I've gone on a diuretic ive never had any tinglings of thrush.
I told dn and she seems to think i must have been emptying my bladder properly pre diuretic.
Rush, rush, rush with 2 young kids!
Ps. Sharing one toilet now compared to 3 in last house. :(

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Preacious2013 that's interesting about the camomile, because I do drink camomile tea occasionally, and when I was drinking it more regularly I wasn't getting any UTIs. Hmm.

@ickihun @Hotpepper20000 I will definitely have to have a look for cranberry tablets. I don't drink any fruit juices, because my bs can be volatile as it is! I feel your pain @ickihun , not children but I share a bathroom with three 21 year old males, and what they get up to to take so long in there is a mystery to me...