fridge and insulin

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well this only happens once in a lifetime
our fridge dept foods tomatoes and cucumber frozen nearly solid few days back some thought better get a new one my first thought no costly at print but our son said yes ,.
so took insulin down to sisters inlaws fridge will we wait for a new on e to be delivered.
can on tuesday as planned
then last night having got insulin back and checked the fridge was between 2 and 8 cent .
changed in vial on pump tea blood s 5.4 then all bloods go high 7 pm 16.5 change vial again to new one 9 pm 22.2. 4 units by pen all previous 4 unit by pump now at10 pm 25.4 must get new insulin as nothing seemed to work
we phoned tesco pharmacy only one open yes they have nova rapid so of we go purchase price £16-00 would not care kf it has been £50-00 plus as my legs felt like glue .anway got home 10.30 pm change new vial in pump
go to bed on way back down 22.4 11 pm
1.30 wake up low 3.7 take luz this morning bloods 13.00 not good but will get there over the day
sort to replace insulin and pen fill umm pen fill out of date dec /2015 so all now given back to clinic to depose off
MORAL OF STORY ALL WAY CHECK DATE S AND IF THE FRIDGE IS PACKING UP REPLACE
and first time i has purchased in INSULIN IN 59 YEARS
VIC HILL PUMP SINCE 2006

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Scary experience and a cautious message @vic hill

I bought a digital fridge thermometer after a recommendation by the member @robert72, bought it from Maplin for around £5 and regularly check the fridge temperature just to be safe.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thank you for comment s
yes agree with you ref fridge thermometer we do have one but we think may be poss the fridge had a blip overnight
goes down very low must have to freeze toms and cucumber
so the best type is poss a greenhouse which records the lowest lows and highs little silver pin ?
still still going now..
not on the correct blood pressure pills as are short from manufactures have normal release not slow
check blood pressure twice this 99/55/74 then again 101/50 /75 no wonder i felt rubbish then drink more fluids to bring it up good old dialysis training have a good day NOBLEHEAD
FROM VIC