Frozen shoulder

griffon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just wondering how many of those posting about developing a frozen shoulder were taking a statin at the time?
My left shoulder became frozen around 2007, when I was taking 40mg of Simvastatin per day, but was oblivious to the side effects at that time...
Come 2012, after discovering and reading Malcolm Kendrick's book, "The Great Cholesterol Con", I realised that many of the ailments I'd suffered from over the past 10 years could well be blamed on this class of toxic drugs I'd been duped into taking.
Needless to say, I stopped the statins immediately after reading the book, and have felt much healthier ever since!

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I take atorvastin 80mg and my colestrol is not short of 3.2 and I am also a smoker which doesn't help but my lungs are clear and have no scares on them and that is how I feel okay with taking them

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just wondering how many of those posting about developing a frozen shoulder were taking a statin at the time?
My left shoulder became frozen around 2007, when I was taking 40mg of Simvastatin per day, but was oblivious to the side effects at that time...
Come 2012, after discovering and reading Malcolm Kendrick's book, "The Great Cholesterol Con", I realised that many of the ailments I'd suffered from over the past 10 years could well be blamed on this class of toxic drugs I'd been duped into taking.
Needless to say, I stopped the statins immediately after reading the book, and have felt much healthier ever since!

I have never taken statin's, so that wasn't the cause with my shoulders.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I take atorvastin 80mg and my colestrol is not short of 3.2 and I am also a smoker which doesn't help but my lungs are clear and have no scares on them and that is how I feel okay with taking them

I was a smoker when I developed my FS, but I gave up smoking 9 years ago :happy:

Reactions: hankjam

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Slight chicken and egg with me. Not too sure the statins didn't trash my liver and push me over to the diabetic side and then got the frozen shoulders...
The statins have been stopped and unlikely to start again. :)

Mrmcc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Can i just say thank you, I'm suffering with frozen shoulders and was unaware of the link between this and diabetes, I have only been diagnosed T1 for a year.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can i just say thank you, I'm suffering with frozen shoulders and was unaware of the link between this and diabetes, I have only been diagnosed T1 for a year.

My one before last, first visit to new physio, said I had a really sore stiff shoulder and she asked me if I was T1!!

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just been signed off by the doctors and physio and told to watch out for the other shoulder in case it goes the same way as now I have most movement in it and I still cannot lift heavy things yet but I am getting there slowly and I have been given exercises to do at home and I am doing them but I am still getting the pins and needles in my hands and fingers but that is off the nerves and nothing can be done for that as they have been damaged so I am just plodding along and hope everything is fine soon as I am able to do more than I was a few months ago by miles and as I said it is caused by diabetes and we get it more than anyone else due to it but I don't know why but that's what the doctor said when he did the operation in December and I can say it's better to have the operation than the physio as mine I had no option but to have it

Reactions: hankjam

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just been signed off by the doctors and physio and told to watch out for the other shoulder in case it goes the same way as now I have most movement in it and I still cannot lift heavy things yet but I am getting there slowly and I have been given exercises to do at home and I am doing them but I am still getting the pins and needles in my hands and fingers but that is off the nerves and nothing can be done for that as they have been damaged so I am just plodding along and hope everything is fine soon as I am able to do more than I was a few months ago by miles and as I said it is caused by diabetes and we get it more than anyone else due to it but I don't know why but that's what the doctor said when he did the operation in December and I can say it's better to have the operation than the physio as mine I had no option but to have it

Good to hear you're signed off, hope it is not too early. Keep going with the exercises, even low weights is good weights. One of my morning exercises is to lie on my back, have a kg weight in each hand by my sides and raise them over my head with as straight as arm as possible for 10 seconds, return to my side and repeat 8 times with 5 second relax between each.
Got to keep them flexible. :)

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm now dealing with even more pain in my shoulders from car accidents (had 3 in past 8 months). My right shoulder in particular isn't too good. My physio is giving me a couple more weeks before she thinks I may need a scan done as she's wondering if I have a tear in my shoulder. But she says I have a problem with the rotator cuff for sure.