Frozen Shoulder

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Found a couple of videos on Youtube that I thought people might find helpful. The first is 3 self-tests you can do to determine if you have a frozen shoulder, then a second video giving 12 exercises to help with rehabilitation.

More than 15 years later, I still remember the nightmare experience of having 2 frozen shoulders, one after the other and how long it took to return to normal. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy :(

Lilylala

I too have at the moment 2 frozen shoulders , started with the left hand side after a accident 2 years ago then as the right side was over compensating I now have it in both.It's been a long journey first physio , so much pain .Finally got a referred to orthopaedic triage who has now sent me to a surgeon.Have had hydrodistension in left which didn't work and now going to have in April Arthroscopy in left and hydrodistension in the right with manipulation under anaesthetic.I know it's going to hurt but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel .I was very lucky to be referred to a private hospital under the nhs as my local hospital has the longest waiting lists in the country, I was seen within 2 weeks , very thankful to the nhs.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thanks for posting these.
Am working my way back to decent range of movement after frozen shoulder. Somehow had forgotten a couple of these exercises, so a useful reminder.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Found a couple of videos on Youtube that I thought people might find helpful. The first is 3 self-tests you can do to determine if you have a frozen shoulder, then a second video giving 12 exercises to help with rehabilitation.

More than 15 years later, I still remember the nightmare experience of having 2 frozen shoulders, one after the other and how long it took to return to normal. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy :(

Love Bob and Brad! 1 frozen shoulder was bad recently and it still doesn't move right but 2 in a row is grim. Did these ever re occur? 2 years is not a long time to recover apparently but in my case a water/cortisone jab helped amaziingly.

Reactions: Glor

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did these ever re occur?
Thankfully not! My understanding is that once it resolves, it's unlikely to reoccur. It's a long while ago, but I think there was about 3 months difference in onset between shoulders. Around 2 years recovery sounds about right. I had a cortisone shot in the first shoulder that did nothing, so mostly physical therapy after that. The therapy was extremely painful and I'm not sure that it really helped all that much. ISTR reading at the time that they eventually resolve by themselves, though I could be misremembering that part. Putting washing on the line was an extremely challenging business for a very long time!

Reactions: SueO246 and Glor

bmtest

Thanks foe these videos i recovered a few years ago from a right frozen shoulder.

But I am a good year and a half into one on left side which is worse i will use the videos to assist.

If you go to Screwfix and buy a 3m length of 25mn plastic conduit for £2.58 and then cut length to suit the range of excercises in videos are easily done.