Frustrated

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My sleep is on point. 7-8hours a night but my blood sugars are constantly above 14-15 before and after food. I do cardio and weights but my blood sugars dont come down as they did b4. Its come down to 11.6 now which some would say is High and dangerous
Definitely high and I hope you can get some blood tests to check for underlying infection and ideally how your insulin production is going, Having high bgs is dangerous over the long term and usually only dangerous in the short term if you also have high ketones ie. are type 1 in which case your blood sugars would be even higher. IF you're allowed in to get a blood draw the nurse should have a blood ketone meter (I have just been given one by mine) or at least keto urine sticks to check. I am type 1 and the only time I've got these is when ill by which point I was also insanely thirsty, vomiting and losing weight (dehydrated) so if any of these things happen definitely get to A&E. Wising you lots of success in cracking this puzzle. Let us know how you get on!

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Definitely high and I hope you can get some blood tests to check for underlying infection and ideally how your insulin production is going, Having high bgs is dangerous over the long term and usually only dangerous in the short term if you also have high ketones ie. are type 1 in which case your blood sugars would be even higher. IF you're allowed in to get a blood draw the nurse should have a blood ketone meter (I have just been given one by mine) or at least keto urine sticks to check. I am type 1 and the only time I've got these is when ill by which point I was also insanely thirsty, vomiting and losing weight (dehydrated) so if any of these things happen definitely get to A&E. Wising you lots of success in cracking this puzzle. Let us know how you get on!

Thank you.
I will try and figure out what's changed and i got a blood test booked in July. It's down to 10.2 now still high but it's coming down