[Full video] Tim Noakes on trial - 15m20s

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies if already posted here:

He even expresses concern for Claire Julsing Strydom, the dietitian who reported him to The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) for a tweet he made.

Plus, the LCHF side wish to sit around a (round!) table with low fat high carb colleagues and discuss what's best for S Africa, which says to me the motives of the LCHF team are good...

Reactions: Prem51 and briped
M

Member496333

Noakes is a hero. The Lore of Nutrition is a gripping courtroom drama story that would sell millions if it was fiction. I also owe him for giving me my life back and beating T2DM :D

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Noakes also comes across as an extremely arrogant ***. He takes his views to the extreme and has, on more than one occasion, caused issues with his responses to people asking about T1D in kids.

While he might advocate Low Carb for T2D, giving advice to parents who suspect their kid may be on the way to T1D that goes along the lines of "Yes, Low Carb will solve your issues" gives some insight, for me at least, into why people raised complaints against him. While he was a great sports HCP, he has demonstrated in a very public way that he doesn't meet the required duty of care of a healthcare professional.

M

Member496333

I respectfully disagree. You’re welcome to your views but I find it all pretty ironic given that he doesn’t treat patients at all, and considering how many people are going blind and having their feet sawn off by following the advice of nearly every other doctor who actually does treat diabetic patients ;)