1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

[Full video] Tim Noakes on trial - 15m20s

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by pdmjoker, Nov 30, 2018.

1. pdmjoker

pdmjoker Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Apologies if already posted here:

He even expresses concern for Claire Julsing Strydom, the dietitian who reported him to The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) for a tweet he made.

Plus, the LCHF side wish to sit around a (round!) table with low fat high carb colleagues and discuss what's best for S Africa, which says to me the motives of the LCHF team are good...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Noakes is a hero. The Lore of Nutrition is a gripping courtroom drama story that would sell millions if it was fiction. I also owe him for giving me my life back and beating T2DM :D

• Like Like x 2
    #2 Jim Lahey, Dec 3, 2018 at 4:37 PM
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  3. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Noakes also comes across as an extremely arrogant ***. He takes his views to the extreme and has, on more than one occasion, caused issues with his responses to people asking about T1D in kids.

While he might advocate Low Carb for T2D, giving advice to parents who suspect their kid may be on the way to T1D that goes along the lines of "Yes, Low Carb will solve your issues" gives some insight, for me at least, into why people raised complaints against him. While he was a great sports HCP, he has demonstrated in a very public way that he doesn't meet the required duty of care of a healthcare professional.

4. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. You’re welcome to your views but I find it all pretty ironic given that he doesn’t treat patients at all, and considering how many people are going blind and having their feet sawn off by following the advice of nearly every other doctor who actually does treat diabetic patients ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook