Funny turns!

twinkle_57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.diagnosed sept 2016.taking metformin SR x 2 500mg daily.have had couple of episodes of weirdness over last couple of weeks the last one being yesterday.finished work and on way home.,suddenly feel dizzy and nausea, legs like jelly.thought I was going to faint.was near to gp surgery so went in for emergency clinic.saw doctor he took blood pressure and said it was fine and not to worry as it was just a funny turn!.had previous said turns so worried.wondering if anything to do with diabetes or side affects ? from tablets? anyone can shed any light? He did not test my bs.thanks

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good evening @twinkle_57 my friend I get them and its my anxiety,had them for 30 years I have learnt to ignore them,not a nice sensation,but don't let them stop you doing anything,and they do pass,its like a panic attack,caused by a rush of adrenalin,legs like jelly, sometimes you can associate the feelings and blame a particular place for the way you feel,and that's what stops people going out,its called avoidance ,I what it is because I have had every test there us to have,I used to get them every time I went to Tescos in the early days,so I went in there 6 to 7 times a day,I have tested myself just after a panic attack but my readings ertr within normal range so I know that it is nothing to do with my blood sugar level:)

Reactions: twinkle_57

twinkle_57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening @twinkle_57 my friend I get them and its my anxiety,had them for 30 years I have learnt to ignore them,not a nice sensation,but don't let them stop you doing anything,and they do pass,its like a panic attack,caused by a rush of adrenalin,legs like jelly, sometimes you can associate the feelings and blame a particular place for the way you feel,and that's what stops people going out,its called avoidance ,I what it is because I have had every test there us to have,I used to get them every time I went to Tescos in the early days,so I went in there 6 to 7 times a day,I have tested myself just after a panic attack but my readings ertr within normal range so I know that it is nothing to do with my blood sugar level:)
Ok really hadn't thought about that.I started a new job yesterday in a care home so maybe it was that! I have been out of work for 3 yrs due to illness and major surgery.didn't feel panicky but maybe it was xx

Reactions: annec67