Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Ivor discusses adipose tissue with Gabor. Fascinating insight.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And here is part 2.

Edited to add:

Covers incretins, GIP and GLP-1 responses and clearly links the whole gut to the endocrine system using a term I've never heard mention, the enteroendocrine system.

Fascinating half hour but I will need to view it a few times to understand it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: eggs11

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This presentation features quite a bit on adipose tissue, too, but also covers things like hyperinsulinaemia, triglycerides and LDL. My primary reason for posting it is that Ivor explains the genetic link between fats and the different way in which people store them with regards to TOFI or MONW. (For this particular insight skip to minute 17 of the 40 minute presentation).

Sorry, it is not aimed at the lay person but I get more and more from it each time I view it.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Guzzler for posting I found both of these videos fascinating and they answered a lot of questions I'd wondered about.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Guzzler - a new Ivor Cummins interview with Gabor Erdosi:

Thank you Indy. I've just finished listening! Will have to listen again as I have a bit of trouble with accents but what Gabor was saying about the gut was fascinating, it's links with Ankylosing Spondylitis (sp) was akin to my own experiences with chronic inflammation. The lymphatic system is outside of my reading as yet but it just makes sense doesn't it. We do not hear enough from Gabor imo.

Reactions: Indy51

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you Indy. I've just finished listening! Will have to listen again as I have a bit of trouble with accents but what Gabor was saying about the gut was fascinating, it's links with Ankylosing Spondylitis (sp) was akin to my own experiences with chronic inflammation. The lymphatic system is outside of my reading as yet but it just makes sense doesn't it. We do not hear enough from Gabor imo.
Agree. I was especially interested in the fat being an active organ connected tot he lymphatic system and hence a site of chronic inflammation.
I will also need to listen to it a few times more to take in all the nuances!

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Part 2 of the interview:

Just finished listening. And I'm afraid that Gabor has just taken the number one slot away from Ivor! Fascinating episode centering on lipids and the immune system etc. P.S. I'm really feeling pleased with myself that I understood about 80% ish of the conversation even when they were talking about the 5-10 layers of protection against damage/atherosclerosis. Definitely worth multiple viewings, thanks again.

Reactions: Indy51