GAD and IA2 antibodies present but in reference range

Yulkuy

Hello everybody, I've got tested for summary pool of IgG antibodies for both GAD and IA2 (one test). Reference range is <4 IU/ml and my result is 1.48.

I want to ask, should this result be totally 0 for a healthy person, or most of people will have a few antibodies in them? Does presence of some antibodies make results somewhat inconclusive or everything is fine? I don't have any noticeable autouimmune condition yet, but my father had psoriasis and my grandmother had diabetes with psoriasis at old age (probably type 2, she loved eating mangos, drinking fanta and stuff. Didn't control her sugar and died at 70 y.o.).

I had severe insulin resistance after treating covid (HOMA-IR 5.1, HA1C 5.0 (yeah, crazy change after covid), fasting blood glucose 5.1, 5.9), lost weight and everything seems normalish now (Baseline glucose is 4.5 - 4.9, HOMA-IR 1.2, 1.5 (2 lab tests yet), fasting insulin 6.x, usual food spikes me to 6.0 mmol max, goes below 5.0 mmol in 2-4 hours after meal. 40g of carbs in chocolate bar spike me to 7-8 mmol in hour, 5.5-5.6 mmol in 2 hours, below 5.0 mmol in 3 hours), but I might have to move to another country soon so I want to get everything under full control while I am home.

Yulkuy

If anyone is wondering about the test, here is full name

Attachments

• 2431.png
    2431.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 120

Yulkuy

The reference range of <4 means your result is negative or normal, no indication of autoimmune diabetes.
Yeah, I guess I just wondered why do some people have straight 0 amount of those antibodies and some have small negligible amount in blood. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77