GAD level and 1st appointment

Honeyblossom

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I recently requested a GAD antibody test after noticing worse control despite doing the same low carb etc and after reading other peoples experiences on this site and the excellent advice you all give.(thankyou so much!)I was fortunate to be taken seriously and so 3+ years post diagnosis I am showing GAD positive with reading of 38. This seems quite low compared to some so unsure what to expect at my 1st appointment with hospital team next week. Any words of wisdom?
Thank-you

Reactions: Antje77

Honeyblossom

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh.. forgot to say ...negative for other antibodies including zinc 8. GP mentioned because of this (zinc 8) they were unsure what type of diabetes it is

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I never had gad antibodies in any of my tests.. c-peptide test shows how much insulin you produce and that number can go down over time

Honeyblossom

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I never had gad antibodies in any of my tests.. c-peptide test shows how much insulin you produce and that number can go down over time
That's interesting, thank-you. It does seem to be different for everyone. I asked for c peptide but apparently it can only be done in the hospital so I will ask again at my appointment.