Gallstones

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP is referring me for a scan, he suspects that I have gallstones, after having what can only described as 'worse than labour pains' for a while now after eating, not all the time but is getting more regular, looking this up, it is related to eating 'fatty' foods, as I eat low carb, I guess I have been compensating with higher fat foods, ie, full fat yogurt, cream, milk, cheeses and lots of meat etc. Has anybody else come accross this?

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I had a gallstone (singular) also thickened gallbladder and various gastric pain for a number of years. A high fat diet and fasting will usually generate more bile, which may result in gallstones. Some people will be prone to forming gallstones with a high fat diet. But the opposite may also be the case that more bile keeps the gallbladder flushed out.

Gallstones and gallbladder problems can usually be seen on a ultrasound quiet easily. I have also had an MRCP ( detailed MRI of gallbladder / liver / Stomach ). Obviously there are other things which can cause gastric pain, like ulcers, gastritis etc. But the gallbladder looks like a sensible place to start. I wish you luck with your tests/treatment.