Gastroparesis And Sugar Level Control

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guys i wanted to ask anyone here with gastroparesis and manage to get good control with therr blood sugar and get the hba1c in 6s?.

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi guys i wanted to ask anyone here with gastroparesis and manage to get good control with therr blood sugar and get the hba1c in 6s?.
I have gastroparesis. It's a battle to get great control. The very nature of gastroparesis makes its difficult. My latest HbA1c was 7.7.
I eat small liquid or puréed meals several times a day. I am finding that works best for symptoms but even then blood sugars can still be unpredictable. Sorry I can't offfer any better advice. Better control is known to improve gastroparesis it's just getting that control is a challenge. Hope some others may have some advice to help us. :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
If you can afford it, it may be worth looking at some of the DIY closed looping options for use with Gastroparesis. The way they adjust insulin to carb absorption potentially will help and I'm aware that there are a couple of users with GP who find them helpful.

Brendon.Dean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my opinion fasting is powerful tool to regaining control of in range blood glucose. Gastroparesis is typically a digestive issue as a symptom of uncontrolled blood sugars.

Dr Jason Fung can be a good resource for fasting which you can learn and discuss with your own doctor.

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In my opinion fasting is powerful tool to regaining control of in range blood glucose. Gastroparesis is typically a digestive issue as a symptom of uncontrolled blood sugars.

Dr Jason Fung can be a good resource for fasting which you can learn and discuss with your own doctor.
My weight is so dangerously low from the gastroparesis I cannot afford to fast. I need carbs right now to put on weight. I wish I could go low carb but cannot afford to right now for the sake of my health .

Brendon.Dean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My weight is so dangerously low from the gastroparesis I cannot afford to fast. I need carbs right now to put on weight. I wish I could go low carb but cannot afford to right now for the sake of my health .
Darn that's unfortunate :(