general advice

libbyAPRIL

Dislikes
politics, cruelty to animals
I was on metformin for about 10 years with no problems in my 40s I had to go onto insulin i presumed i was type 2but doctor says as i was insulin resistant i was late type 1 onset has any heard of this also im struggling at work with neropathy in my feet take morphine diabetic nurse mentioned DLA but i dont want to give up work it is a struggle and suffer the day after iv worked any thought or advice anyone can give me

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
DLA, is an extra allowance you're entitled to in order to cope with your condition. As I understand it, it's not means tested it's condition based and you're entitled whether working or not. I had a part time job a while ago and was told by the benefits agency I didn't need to mention the DLA

libbyAPRIL

Dislikes
politics, cruelty to animals
thank you so much work is tough adaptions have been made at work so my walking is minimum i dont want to give up work till its absolulty essential you have been very helpful

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
you may be able to get help with adaptions from the shaw trust or the british legion (they don't just help ex-services anymore)

Gappy

Dislikes
In the newspaper today a euromillions lottery winner of just £10 million is still getting £500 dla a month, proving it's not means tested!