General info and Kidney Function.

simply_h

Hello All,

I have just been to see the nurse..

I was expecting my 2nd HbA1c test sometime in mid May, but have been told as my last HbA1c (On diagnosies) was 6.6 that I do not need one every 3 months, so have to wait untill Mid Aug cos my HBa1c was 6.6 and in the non diabetic range.. Confused at that statment... Humm was looking forwad to my progress.. Ohh well not to worry..

Anyway, she took my Blood pressure (as nurse seem to think I am suffering from High BP, because I have had 2 high reading) and it came back very normal.

So she say to me, see its the Ramapril working.... So there is me thinking that I am not taking any drugs that they keep giving me, I have not told her this yet, as I dont want to upset my nurse (as they seem to think they always know best), but I will tell her the truth when I have my full tests when they do the HBa1C, Coles and Kindey test.....

Also I was told in Feb 11 (when I was diagnosed) that I had impaired Kidney function, today I asked where the actual numbers were, I was also re-tested 1 month later.
In feb 11 - eGFR was 53%
In Mar 11 - eGFR was 67%

I asked her to explain what all this ment (as I acted a non medical person, if ya know what I mean), she said it was one of the ACE drugs that I am taking, that are making the kidneys function better, she told me a normal kidney would be eGFR about 90%.

I did wonder what the eGFR would be now, as amost 2 months after March now..

My view is, without any drugs I have made some really good progress, my Blood sugars via my meter before and after food seem really good, my overnight fasting blood sugars also seem good, around 4.5 and 5.3, with Low Carbing I have lost a little weight as well (I have never been really overweight), I feel really good most of the time as well.

So I thought I would just update you all with my progress and Say a BIG THANK YOU to you all on this forum, as without you guys and girls I would have still be lost in the big bad world of simple Carbs..

As normal any thoughts and idea are always welcome.

Thank you,

Simply_h. :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Just a couple of things......
A HbA1c of 6.6% is good but certainly NOT in the non-Diabetic range. A normal non-Diabetic HbA1C is 3.5-5.5%. In a Diabetic about 6.5% is good, although many of us strive for lower numbers.

What do you call a normal Blood Pressure ? What are the numbers ?

You appear to be doing really well and long may that continue.......glad you have had some benefit from the Forum and the Members. That is exactly what this place is all about.....help and support. :)

simply_h

Hello Cugila,

Hope you are well. :)

My BP today was 110/70 which I was told was normal, its always been around that range, apart from 2 time when it was over that I think around, 135ish / 88 ish.

Thank you.

Simply_h.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
That's good, mine too is usually around 110/70....however I have to have meds for that, a necessary evil.......sometimes it goes even lower which then leads me into some postural hypotension if I am not careful.

I am very well thank you. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Looking good simply-h! :)

Nigel