@LittleGreyCat I think you have some great ideas and they apply equally to T1.
A few years ago (before Libre were available), I asked for a CGM for a month.
I wanted to be able to see what impact things like different foods, exercise, stress, etc. had on my BG.
Knowing the cost of a CGM, I thought this would teach me some lessons I could then apply without the sensor such as avoiding certain foods, reducing my insulin at a particular time when exercising, taking my insulin different times before meals depending on what I was to eat and learning whether my high BG in the morning was DP or not enough insulin.
Like you, I thought the cost would be relatively low for great return.
Your suggestion of one sensor a year, just before the annual review is brilliant - it gives some great data to discuss in the review.
Given the
recent discussion about the value of Hb1AC I wonder whether 2 weeks of Libre may be more valuable. I don't know how much a Hb1AC test costs (including the time from the phlebotomist) and how a single Libre cost would compare.