Getting back into rolleblading

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I loved rollerblading when I was younger but you do forget how to rollerblade. I was bored earlier after coming back from volunteering so decided to get changed and go to a nearby local park to practice (to me it makes sense to wear all protective equipment like helmet, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads. I fell a lot but wearing all the protective gear makes you more confident since it doesn’t hurt. I still haven’t manage it completly as Unfortuantly I couldnt find any Park with a smooth surface but I kept improving ever time I fell and got back. It’s always awkard when people watch you though. I kept going Backward for some reason. Then some other adult just gave an advice to practice in a empty space by the local train station. I didn’t think rollerblading would be allowed there since there were signs saying no bikes and skateboards. (Even though peoples ignored this ussually). I’ll try there next time (I went back home as you don’t want to fall too much lol I was improving after every them I fell). Laws don’t seem very clear on rollerblades in U.K.

Just saying if any of you guys have started to rollerblade or getting back into it and you have any tips feel free to share. The only tips is if you fall. Try to fall forwards so your pads take most of the impact. (There may still be time you end up falling on your bum but that hurts a lot more so if I know I’m going to fall I fall forward) and like any sport once you fall to get back up and keep on trying till you succeed or are to tired to continue)
It’s awkard when people watch you though and you keep falling lol but that’s just how you learn lol.

Sorry for this being long lol
If anyone knows any tips and advice please share.