Getting the Needle!

Portlandboy

Hi All,
I haven't posted for quite a while so I thought as I have a few spare moments I might start something up.
Have any T1 ever thought about how many jabs they have had since being diagnosed? I amazed myself!!
I was started on 2 injections a day in 1977, then 3 soon after and now have 5 a day (progress has some drawbacks) so I worked this out on 4 a day average: 46,592
Then add the 3 daily BG sticks over the last 20 years: 21,840
Thats 68,432] needles, without the numerous other blood tests at clinics and a couple of weeks in total in hospital, where taking blood samples seems to be a major hobby for most staff.
It's a wonder I don't leak yet!

chocoholic

Even though I try to rotate injection spots for insulin and blood tests, I still seem to have bruises across my tum and areas areas on my fingers where 'holes merge into one' as it were. On one of my fingers the other day, when I squeezed it gently to get the blood out, I could see an array of tiny holes made previously and I did think at the time, I'm starting to look like a human colander.It doesn't really bother me having to inject and test all the time but I don't think I'll ever get picked for skin cosmetic commercials!!!! :lol: