Type 1 Girls with type 1! please can you advise?!

Oxyinnes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey ladies.

I woke up this morning on 12.2. Despite injecting to correct, my levels kept rising! The highest I've hit today is 22.4.

I injected to correct and now it's coming back down ( after 4. 5hours)!

My question is.. Last week I was on my period. Usually I experience more insulin resistance a week before, but this seems to be a week after. I was expericing slight resistance the week before but nothing like this.

I'm wondering if I have a hormone imbalance and should get tested? I've read that you can develop hormone imbalances with type 1. I generally have good control of my type 1, but once a month (not always the same time) I'm extremely resistant to insulin!

Any advice would be massively appreciated

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think it is tricky to come to any conclusion about hormones until you've seen the pattern repeated over a few months.
Lots of things can make your bloods go higher so I'd wait a while before jumping to that conclusion.
It is a known thing that hormones in week 4 (just before you come on) mimic pregnancy, a natural state of insulin resistance hence there is a reason why your blood sugars go higher.. I get the same and have a pmt setting on my pump!