GIVING OUT INFORMATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had diabetes for 27 years and the amount of incorrect or inappropriate info I have received from the medical profession would be funny of it weren't so very very serious. Since joining this forum I have gotten a handle on my diabetes in a way I never thought possible. Everyone's experience is different and what works for some will not work for all but here we can at least discover different options and new approaches.

I can see RRB's concerns, as anytime I see a post promising a "cure" it immediately sets off alarm bells. For anyone newly diagnosed or in denial the promise of a cure must seem so tempting. The vast majority on this forum are kind, caring and responsible and genuinely want to share their own experience in the hope of helping others so it would be catastrophic if people became reluctant to post. I would like to add my voice to the suggestion that periodic posts from moderators reminding all that the views expressed are based on personal experience or knowledge and not from medical professionals)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Robinredbreast said:
To all members

When giving out ANY information regarding diabetes, whether it's medication, foods or from your own personal experience. please ensure that you check and check again that the information you have posted is correct. As giving out misleading information or quotes (unintentionally) could put another diabetic in real danger. If in doubt, don't post.

Thank you

RRB

This post is acting as a moderated reminder to members and is NOT a silencer post at all .
Members are free to debate 'nicely' [not deliberately argue/bully with intent to cause trouble ]
Debates evolve with acceptable/adaptable flow - deliberate arguments and pushy bullying does NOT .

Here is a reminder of the forum rules for all .
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5019

We are NOT medical professionals here [we ALL know this factor]
Neither is this forum a magic wand to offer ANY perfect miracle or cure .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stemar and JohnEB
Status
Not open for further replies.