Giving up work

buick05

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 3 years ago I also have fibromyalgia and arthritis I work at present but I am finding it increasingly more difficult is anyone aware what benefits I would be entitled to if I was to give up work.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
If you can get sick note from your gp then you can claim ESA if not then JSA but you would have to look for work

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you give up without proof from your GP/consultant that you can't do any work you won't get anything - @ally1 is right about the different groups also you can apply for pip (personal independent payment) you can apply for this even if you are working and you need extra help to manage your conditions and if you are granted that and someone becomes your carer then they can claim carers allowance - your best bet is to take advice maybe from citizens advice

maggie59

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I claim for E.S.A &
P. I. P as I suffer from Ostio Arthritis aswell as diabetes but I've only been diagnosed diabetic since Nay this year & I've been claiming ESA for a few years now & PIP about a year now but to get PIP u hv to exaggerate the truth but if u can get ur condition backed up by ur GP it shd be ok hope u can get the help u need

Sent from my SM-G900F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: buick05