Gliclazide brands

Scribbler49

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently started gliclazide at 40mg once a day. It seemed to be giving me great control so I stopped monitoring as frequently. I was recently given a different brand - Zircon - and measured today and BMs very high as if I wasn't taking anything at all. I did not monitor frequently enough to know it was the change of brand or something else but wondered if anyone else had different results from different brands?

Reactions: dosh

dosh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently started gliclazide at 40mg once a day. It seemed to be giving me great control so I stopped monitoring as frequently. I was recently given a different brand - Zircon - and measured today and BMs very high as if I wasn't taking anything at all. I did not monitor frequently enough to know it was the change of brand or something else but wondered if anyone else had different results from different brands?
I am using 80 mg Gliclazide (once per day) from Genesis Pharmaceuticals & at the moment (touch wood) they seem to be working fine. But I also have to work very hard concentrating on cutting out carbs as well.

Reactions: Scribbler49