1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Gliclazide on a low carb diet

Discussion in 'Sulphonylureas & Prandial Glucose Regulators' started by Numan, May 29, 2022.

1. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Some low intensity exercise after a meal is a great strategy to use up the glycogen in the muscles. I'd recommend cycling, walking, tennis, dancing or swimming rather than higher intensity exercise or weights training. This will hopefully be stress relieving rather than exhausting so build it up if this isn't your normal habit.
    And well done on the progress so far. Insulin resistance can take a while to shift especially if you are looking at results at a micro (daily) level.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Numan

Numan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I cycle normally but haven’t over the last three weeks, due to holidays and working late. Thanks for the encouragement

3. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Great. I cycle/commute daily whilst listening to a good book (don't judge me)!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Do what I did. I put my readings into a spreadsheet, and then drew graphs to show a declining value. I also used the trend analysis tool to emphasise this. Then I showed my GP and he has supported me ever since. That was 5 years ago, and I am still below Diabetic hbA1c but still diabetic. Seems your liver is getting used to lower sugar levels.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook