1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Glimmers of improvement

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Rowgirl, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Rowgirl

Rowgirl LADA · Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I do feel a bit better this week. I think it has taken me a while for the 'penny to drop' that my body doesn't cope with carbs, I thought there was something else wrong as I was eating 'healthily' as per the diabetic nurse. I've changed how I take the metformin. I had originally been on 500mgs morn and night, then it increased to 1000mgs twice a day, but the nausea was horrid. So I initially dropped it to 500mgs 3 times a day, which got rid of the nausea. I'm now about to try 1000mg in the morn and take 500mg lunch and eve and see if that works. I'm also wondering if I should have my main meal at lunch time? I have tried a low carb apricot cake, I put 2 dried apricots chopped and dunked in brandy into it. It gave enough flavour, I actually quite enjoyed it, I have to cut the outside off though, too eggy. It's like re learning what to eat. I can have strawberries and clotted cream but not a banana. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook