1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Glimp question

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Mad76, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mad76

Mad76 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I've been using glimp for a few weeks now, recommended on here. I find it much better than the libre app because it can be calibrated with blood test results. I'm also really rubbish with technology but it's ok as I just use basic features.
    However, my problem is several times a day I have to restart my phone in order for it to scan. It's a samsung Galaxy s10 plus. So if I use it to scan it's ok. But then if I then go on face book or watch a video on phone or similar if I try scan after this it doesn't work. Unless I restart the phone. Then it's fine.

It's probably something really basic I'm doing wrong . Any ideas anyone ???

Tia

2. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

I use Glimp on my Honor phone and have few problems.
    Sometimes it asks whether I want to scan LibreLink or Google Pay but no scan failure.
    When this happens (it not seem to have any logic when it happens), I close down the Glimp app and restart it. Then all is fine. I have not needed to restart my phone.

I don't keep Glimp running all the time - I usually close it down when I am not using it.
    More force of habit than any other reason.

But I can switch to other apps with Glimp in the background and usually have no problems.

3. Mad76

Mad76 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I keep it running all the time. Might try closing it down after scanning ?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook