Glimp

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
Having seen lots of comments on how great glimp app is I've downloaded it. Am I right to think this is what I will user to scan my libre ?? I don't need the libre app?

Also. I am really rubbish with technology i can't even seem to understand how to scan using it ... is there a guide available anywhere ??? Or can someone please tell me simply how to scan for the first time.... i have tried to press where it says scan and nothing happens !!

Thanks

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can use it instead of the libre app. But you will need the libre app or reader to initially activate the sensor. Also if your DSN needs to see the data they may want it on libreview. Once its activated you open the app and simply scan as normal. It will then show you the graph. You can visit their website for the guide, but its easier to just have a play around with it.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mad76 ,

Keep the Libre app. It's needed to activate the sensor. Then continue using Glimp.

I seem to remember some stuff posted on using Glimp. I'll have a dig about & see if I can find it.

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys
Ive found the guide
Managed to scan myself

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My aim is to calibrate the sensor with finger pricks because my readings are alwaus out

Can anyone tell me how to do this??

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My aim is to calibrate the sensor with finger pricks because my readings are alwaus out

Can anyone tell me how to do this??
Open the app, hit the + button at the top right. Enter the glucose measured by the meter in the Glucose box, then hit the save icon at the top right. If done right, it will show a dot on the graph of the value you entered. If its too far out after a few entires it will automatically calibrate the readings.

Reactions: Mad76

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great. Seems straightforward. So it automatically calibrates? All I need to do is add my glucose levels. Dont need to press anything else?

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As @Muneeb said ... I think you need 3 readings when your BG is stable for Glimp to use as calibration.
I maintain this by entering a finger prick reading first thing in the morning and last thing at night every day.
What do you mean by then your levels are stable?? Sideways arrow??

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Generally don't do it after eating or after insulin s it will fluctuate. Leave it a few hours. If it changes too much anyway I think Glimp accounts for this and ignores it.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Here's how I think about calibration.

When I wake up there's a fair chance bg and ifg will be about the same and stable, because I've been resting and had no insulin or food for a while.

If I test bg at 4.7 but libre scans at 3.6 I know that there's a fair chance the sensor is misinterpreting the ifg as 3.6 because ifg and bg are likely to be the same on waking and the bg is telling me it's 4.7, so the ifg is likely to also be 4.7 because I'm stable.

So that's a good time to input the 4.7 into glimp to tell it, see that stuff you're getting from the sensor which says 3.6, it's not 3.6, it's actually 4.7.

It means glimp can make a lot more sense of info it gets from the sensor in later scans.

But doing this as calibration only works when you're stable, i.e. bg has been running relatively flattish for an hour so.

If bg is flying up or down sharply there will be big differences just cos of biology between bg and ifg. So there's no point in calibrating when you've just dropped from 9 to 5 in the space of twenty minutes. If you typed 5 into glimp in that situation it is telling glimp ifg is 5 but it could be anything, 6, 7, 8 or whatever, but not 5, so that calibration would just make it worse.

I made the mistake in my early days of recalibrating too often to try to chase moving bg, but that just makes it worse - be patient, defer a calibration till stable, and only calibrate once or twice a day.

I use a different rig, libre, miaomiao and xdrip+ - get the calibration right and it can be astonishingly close, my current one is literally only about 0.2 out over the last few days.

Good luck