1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Glocouse monitors

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by novoguy, Feb 21, 2020.

1. novoguy

novoguy Type 1 · Active Member

Good morning everyone. A question, my gp has made us all stop useing our own glocouse monitor's he wont supply strips for them.now he gave us all a new machine, which is not very good. The new machine reads to high I did a test with 3 machines useing the same drop of blood the other 2 machines were 7 the cheap machines he makes us use 9.2 did the same test 3 times always the 2 good machines were the same, the new one was higher by 2 and a half points higher .
    My worry is new diabetes will go by what the readings say, if it showed say 6 it could be as low as 2 or 3 and they may end up in trouble.
    My nurse sead its within guide rules, and did not care.
    What does everyone thinks.

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’m not a type 1 but I’ve seen others in here either appeal individually to the gp with evidence or get their consultants to write to gps telling them to reinstate particular meters. Some have even gone above heads and contacted ccg’s. Hopefully someone with experience of this will come along and elaborate soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. resander

resander Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morning @novoguy.
    What is the make and model number of the blood glucose meter your GP is prescribing/allowing? Is this a directive to all GPs?

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook