Glove shoes, foot gloves, anyone use them?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
My feet aren't getting on very well with sandals like Birkenstocks (I think, for some reason) so I'm not wearing them as much around the house.

I am at my most comfortable in bare feet, but do need to nip outside now and then, so some foot protection is a good idea.

I gave up slippers a long time ago because sweaty cheesy feet.

Foot gloves/finger shoes, glove shoes or whatever where you have individual toes in the shoe and it fits like a glove have been popular, and look like a possible way to go.

Such as described in https://www.pedireviews.co.uk/best-foot-glove-shoes/

Does anyone use these?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a pair from ToeToe (I think), and they are superbly comfortable. I bought them to wear on long walks mainly to stop toe nails attacking next door toes! Mine are specifically to wear under other walking socks. Don't wear them that often now but they are good.

Poquito Mal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wear Five Fingers and find them very comfortable. They're not great for long daily walks on sidewalk/pavement as the soles are thin and soft so they wear quickly, they're designed more for trail hiking I believe. I mostly wear them around the house but they're also good for the odd quick jaunt outside and for driving. They do take some getting used to initially.

I like to wear toe socks with them but they work well without, just depends on your preference.

Reactions: Grannypat