GLP-1

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i've been talking to my DN by email again, and told her i put 1 1/2 lb on last week, when by rights, weight should be dropping off me.

Its definitely the insulin, the vicious circle is i need an operation couldn't have it because of blood sugars being sky high, went on insulin, cut the carbs dramatically for me, started putting weight on that i lost because of high blood sugars. Then have also developed carpel tunnel in both hands this last month, so that could be another surgical procedure but that's done under local anyway but any excuse to have a moan at us and the doctors will find it.

Sugars are much better but now putting weight because of the insulin, so if i put too much on i could still end up not having the first op because the anaesthetist will say oh no etc.

I asked her about Foxgia but it isn't licensed with my insulin (Insuman rapid and long acting) she's suggested trying GLP-1 (not sure what its brand name is) had a quick google and thought its worth a try.

Is this what Byetta or Victoza is?.

The other option was to go to a faster acting insulin such as Apidra and Lantus but they could / would still have the same weight putting on effect.

So thought why not try it and hope i don't get too many side effects.

has anyone had success with it, i still have to take my long acting insulin but reduce it by 20% then amend every 3 days as necessary. And take the short acting as well not sure how that will work because i was only taking between 8 -10 units of short acting a day anyway.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's victoza the dsn has put me on, will have first dose tonight hope I don't get too many side effects.