1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Gluco-Fast 60 caps [DNA Biopharm]

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by WaG, Jun 19, 2019.

1. WaG

WaG Type 2 · Active Member

Hi all

It has been quite some time since I have been on the site as I have been getting my head down and getting on with it plus changing jobs etc

After 12.5 years age 56.5 I am still on metformin 500mg x 4 daily and of course statins and have been trying to avoid the next drug.

I have had some success taking chromium and am moving onto trying cassia cinnamon next (all with my nurses approval) but I came across the above and wondered if anyone has come across it as it claims to be quite something. You can find out more through https://www.bhealthy.co.za/products/gluco-fast-dna-biopharm
    Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am on the "naughty step" due to my sugars going from 56 -61 (7.7 in old money) but I have been quite ill for months with chest infections and this had a knock on effect to my exercise and diet so its back to the discipline!

2. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@WaG not sure how long you’ve been on statins but they can raise blood sugar. I was diagnosed with an hba1c of 48 and, because I was diabetic, prescribed statins. Within 6 months my hba1c has risen to 54 despite me changing my diet etc. After I came off the statins due to other side effects my Hba1c reduced to 43 and has been at normal levels for approx 5 years. It is now recorded on my medical records that I am statin intolerant.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook