GlucoMen Aero 2k

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Have anyone else been changed to this meet recently. I hate it, it needs a much larger sample of blood than my previous meter, I’m wasting so many test strips with errors it’s ridicules. And you have to be so precise at getting the blood lined up correctly.

Is it just me ?

Andrew0306uk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have anyone else been changed to this meet recently. I hate it, it needs a much larger sample of blood than my previous meter, I’m wasting so many test strips with errors it’s ridicules. And you have to be so precise at getting the blood lined up correctly.

Is it just me ?

I use that meter for testing ketones and yes, lots of wasted strips.

Made worse by GP getting uppity and only allowing 1 pack of 10 ketone test strips per 2 months on repeat. Have to have an argument every 2 weeks (or less) when I need to order more.

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I use that meter for testing ketones and yes, lots of wasted strips.

Made worse by GP getting uppity and only allowing 1 pack of 10 ketone test strips per 2 months on repeat. Have to have an argument every 2 weeks (or less) when I need to order more.

Do you only use it for keytone's ?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there, locally if we are using libre we have been changed to this meter. I have found similar problems to yourself. In addition I have had several replacement meters as the meter does not hold the date and time. I have to set date and time every time I use it.

I use for Glucose and ketone so. I am going to ask to be changed back to my previous meter.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Oh dear, I have an Areo 2K on free issue order from Menarini after they e-mailed to tell me that the LX is no longer supported.

This doesn't sound good!

Last edited:

oldsteve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was changed to this a couple of years ago and initially I had the same problems. I tried replacing the meter and a new tub of strips all to no avail. Eventually I contacted the supplier and they told me (of course) that no-one had reported any problems but did say that you need to apply the blood to the lower end of the strip whereas I was used to dabbing it on the top at the end. i no longer have a regular problem. I do however resent having to use so much blood. On cold mornings I sometimes find it a struggle to squeeze out a large enough sample so need to use the lancet to make a deeper and much more painful jab,

ChrisM64UK

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to have problems with it until I made sure I enough blood extracted each time. Now it works almost 100%.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I used my free issue meter for the first time this morning and wasted 5 test strips trying to get a reading out of it. In comparison to the LX Plus, it requires a ridiculous amount of blood to do it's job, up from 0.3uL to 0.5uL. Hardly a step forward.

E-mail has gone of the GP's practice to see what other test strips they can provide and maybe I can try a different manufacturer.

Last edited:

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After speaking to DSN team locally it would appear that they have quite a few people reporting issues with this meter.

Her advice was that the buttons on the meter were very sensitive and she recommended storing the meter in the case it comes with. She did not have any suggestions about the amount of blood needed and the wasted testing strips. Her comment was that I did not really need to use the meter very often as I have the libre.

I am still trying to speak with the pharmacist at my surgery to see if I can go back to using my original meter.

Good luck everyone.