Glucomen Areo

marty_kuh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so they have replaced my old meter with a glucomen Areo has lots of bells an whistles one of them been warnings for hyper and hypo that i can set so question being is there a set value for these to input into the meter or is everyone different and have a different level that causes the hypo or hyper

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heya @marty_kuh

My DN gave me one of those, too - they're super-lovely meters, it's true. Lots of fabulously clever features and very pretty to look at.

However, you might want to be certain that you will get as many test strips as you need (testing roughly 4x daily, that's about 120 strips - or 3 tubs - a month) as the strips for these meters are among the most expensive on the market. Us T2's tend not to get many strips funded on the NHS so we have to find alternatives that allow us to self-fund affordably. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones and get everything you need - I'd certainly check ahead of falling in love with your new Areo.

I'm going to tag in @AM1874 who has lots of lovely advice about affordable meters available to T2s (but not on the NHS).

marty_kuh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi SockFiddler i get 150 strips a month so got that covered how long for is another story, but also got a codefree from a mate an some strips already looked at the cost of them so if worst comes to worst i can carry on with it

Reactions: Alison Campbell