Glucomen testing kit

Tangent66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I have been given a Glucomen testing kit by my Dr's but recently (its about 5yrs old) the readings have been crazy high. I purchased a new Sinocare meter and the readings on the new meter are always 2 sometimes 3 points lower than on the Glucomen. Has anyone else experienced this kind of different results?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Tangent66 .
Do you have any control solution for your Glucomen meter? You ought to use that to check accuracy of the meter. If it wasn’t supplied with your meter it is available online from the supplier. It is possible that the meter is just past its best though. Does your HbA1c test correlate with the numbers you are seeing on either of your meters?

Tangent66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening Pipp

No control solution was supplied, my last HBA1c was 54 which they were happy with. My diabetes is not really food driven but due to the sheer volume of pain I'm in with my body. Fibromyalgia and damaged neck n back mean sugar is flooding my body to combat chronic pain . I'm seeing Diabetic Nurse Jan 5th will discuss with her then. Thanks for answering

• Friendly
Reactions: Pipp