GlucoRx Aidex

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I've recently started getting emails from GlucoRX about their new CGM, the Aidex which looks very much like the Dexcom G6.

The email indicates a rechargeable transmitter with a 3 year life and 14 day sensors. Their starter pack with 2 sensors and a transmitter is available for pre-order at £99.85 + Vat. Individual sensors are £39.95 and reusable transmitter at £19.95.

The link is here for pre-orders to ship in January. https://www.glucorx.co.uk/our-products/glucorx-aidex-cgm-system/

I'm tied into my dexcom subscription until November next year but will be interested to see how others find it...

...and whether Dexcom react in any way to price match... :)

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Yes, I saw that too. I'm about to start the Libre free trial. The aidex looks like it won't work with a smart phone which seems a significant drawback to me.

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I saw that too. I'm about to start the Libre free trial. The aidex looks like it won't work with a smart phone which seems a significant drawback to me.

GlucoRx Aidex is a Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring System and does not require scanning because it conveniently sends readings to your iOS/Android smartphone (via GlucoRx Aidex app) every 5 minutes.

It's hidden away in the FAQs but you get a 5 minute update to your phone, as per the Dexcom.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I don't think we will ever see a price drop for the g6... but we are not far away from g7 and I think we will see a price drop with that as they try to take on the libre... also g7 is all in 1 like libre so should be a cost saving just from not needing a transmitter

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think we will ever see a price drop for the g6... but we are not far away from g7 and I think we will see a price drop with that as they try to take on the libre... also g7 is all in 1 like libre so should be a cost saving just from not needing a transmitter

fingers crossed!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

Rumours of a Libre 3 which will transmit to the App to remove the need to scan.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It's not rumours it's already approved in Europe and released in Germany

This is what the G7 will have to contend with and why I think we may see a price drop for the g7

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I started with Libre but developed skin problems and ended up switching to the Dexcom, which, touched wood, has been fine for the last 3 years.

Nice to see CGM progressing.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
They seem to be doing a smoke and mirrors trick over accuracy :(
Not really most of the issue is people not understanding them... they don't measure blood because of that there is a delay between the blood measurement and the fluid that dexcom and libre measure de com and Abbott use algorithms to try and closely match the 2.. but they ate not always 100% accurate especially at times when bg is rising or falling... also the likes of slight dehydration can affect the readings

But in general my dexcom is really close to the readings of my meter... and typically closer than my libre was

jonathan183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I was not clear ... from the GlucoRx Aidex website

How accurate is GlucoRx Aidex?

We have study data which supports the performance of the system has been established by its accuracy across all clinically relevant glucose ranges with respect to reference measurement.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sorry I was not clear ... from the GlucoRx Aidex website

How accurate is GlucoRx Aidex?

We have study data which supports the performance of the system has been established by its accuracy across all clinically relevant glucose ranges with respect to reference measurement.
I the real world difficult to know until its available and people actually use it

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
GlucoRx Aidex is a Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring System and does not require scanning because it conveniently sends readings to your iOS/Android smartphone (via GlucoRx Aidex app) every 5 minutes.

It's hidden away in the FAQs but you get a 5 minute update to your phone, as per the Dexcom.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. :)

AndyPage

Just started using GlucoRX Aidex system. First sensor was very inaccurate compared to Accuchek mobile and the Calibrate function was greyed out. Sensor failed after 4 days. Contacted GlucoRX by email, got some advice but unable to respond, as my email is rejected as spam!
Second sensor has now started to give intermittent results, calibrate button dose work with this sensor.
Not a good start, so likely to go back to Libre 2 as I am self funded.

Craig20

I’ve been using the GlucoRx Aidex for a few days now. Mine needs calibrating every 48hrs as the readings start to differ. The app seems to work ok. It only lets you calibrate every six hours which is why the button is often greyed out.
They need to improve on the accuracy for me.

MillyMeeps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been using the GlucoRx Aidex for a couple of months now. The first sensor was great and fairly accurate with a couple of calibrations needed towards the end of sensor life so ordered three more sensors. Big mistake. Second sensor failed after 4hrs. Replacement sensor sent after contacting the service team. Third sensor failed after 24hrs. Fourth at 6days and last sensor failed at 8 days. Customer service team were chatting to me but then decided to blame my Samsung galaxy as the cause of sensor failure and are now ignoring me.

I moved from Dexcom to try these and will now be moving back! At least customer service exists for Dexcom devices!

T4RA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What Dexcom are you using and how are you finding it?