Glucose Test Results worried Help please?

ben1567

Hi all,

I am not a diabetic, but as my grandfather developed type 2 in his later life i decided it may be a good idea to check myself. Also i suffer from health anxiety and recently experienced possible diabetic symptoms. However upon speaking to my doctor at length we concluded that a lot of it was brought on by my anxiety.

Anyway, i tested myself today with a glucose meter. Results as follows:

Before meal: 3.9mmol/l (worth noting i had barely eaten before that today)
Two hours after main evening meal: 6.7mmol/l

Just wondered, do these sound normal?! Should i worry or am i being a doofus?

Thanks

Ben

ash55

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I am not a diabetic, but as my grandfather developed type 2 in his later life i decided it may be a good idea to check myself. Also i suffer from health anxiety and recently experienced possible diabetic symptoms. However upon speaking to my doctor at length we concluded that a lot of it was brought on by my anxiety.

Thanks

Ben
My wifes a diabetic 3.9 would start to bring her out in a sweat if she exerted herself slightly. As you hadn't eaten probably the reason 6.7 would be fine .I'm not diabetic I tried once I was around 6.5 and 7 .not expert I would say it's fine .if urinating alot ,getting fuzzy vision when low could be diabetic. Urinating alot could also be infection .like I say I'm not dr .your doctor is probably correct in his diagnosis.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A single day is not enough to be sure about anything and we cannot give medical advice but 3.9 is a normal number for a non diabetic that hasn’t eaten. (@ash55 A type 1/ insulin dependent diabetic may choose to raise this a little to avoid hypos but not a concern for others normally). Anything under 7.8 after eating is considered normal.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Reactions: ash55

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi all,

Thanks

Ben

I wish my numbers were as good as that. They look normal to me. Try a few more days testing to be sure.