Glucose Tolerance Test - what does it show?

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
hmmmm ... unsure if I could eat just one of those, I like eclairs, will always remember my first (and thus far only) attempt at making choux pastry ... they did not inflate and gave to this plate of flat wormy unattractive unpleasant flabby lines of blargh ... must try again one day!!!!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
They are only 2 carbs each so you can eat several without feeling too naughty! (unlike a bag of maltesers!!) :lol: :lol:

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
I shall have to see if I can FORCE down a few mini eclairs then - o the hardship of it :twisted:

Chris

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
forcing down mini-eclairs? is this some kind of punishment routine? torture? sign me up!

cjohnson

Dislikes
Urghhhhh! Don't think I can tackle anything sweet at the mo. Just back from glucose tolerance test (that should be renamed torture test). So glad I have taken this pm off from work just in case. I can't see properly so obviously the glucose drink has done its work - feel absolutely cream crackered too gonna have a nice rest. How awful is that drink I can still taste it now :shock: Just done finger prick to compare with what they say it is on Thursday - came out at 16.3 which is highest I've ever been, was only 11.4 on highest fasting plasma test! :!: Must go eat as feeling rather sick now - on that happy note ta ra
Chris

Jem

Dislikes
some nice salted macadamias might help ... ... ... ;) hope you feel better soon xxx

cjohnson

Dislikes
Well rang for the results today and what do you think!!!!!! I didn't need to have the test at all .... all that feeling sick and a day off work for nothing. We must apologise they said we had your diagnosis sorted when you had blood tests in August was a mistake to have GTT as it just confirms what we thought. One positive thing though your fasting levels are down to 7.6 so whatever you are doing must be right - another plus one to the reducing carb works best theory :!: :!:
CJ

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
sofaraway said:
and I don't understand why littlesue would need a test after being type 1 for so long.

for me the OGTT was what got me diagnosed my fasting readings were good and the doctor didn't believe my mum when she said that i had high blood sugars at times. the peads team at the hospital did the test on me and i finished with a blood sugar of 17, which was pretty conclusive.

Fed up with PNs wanting to do stupid tests (usually things already checked at hospital clinic and will be repeated there shortly) makes me feel like a guinea pig.
If she asked me to take a deep breath, I'd question the need :roll: