urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Just a quick word of praise for our chums in Swansea.

I applied for a renewal of my restricted driving licence on-line on Sunday 12th and today (17th) I am in possession of a new 3yr licence.

Even I'm impressed.

D

Diabeticliberty

Blimey, it's not like Swansea to be efficient. Keep it real quiet or you will trash their reputation.

Glad you got it without hiccups. When I fill the forms in I always feel like I'm asking my dad for pocket money and he is gonna kick me right up the 3 point endorsement :)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ooooooh I didn't know you can do it online these days - sounds like that eases some faff!

Congratulations on your shiny new licence, @urbanracer ! And three cheers to the DVLA!

:)

I wouldn't quite say 'without faff' @Snapsy , if you apply on-line then you need to undergo an extra identity verification process through a 3rd party. I chose Experian, but to say that they ask for your mum's shoe size is not far off the mark. That's the only painful bit of the process though. (Hate to think how much trouble you'll have if you lose the Experian PIN somewhere down the road!)

Reactions: gvintagedrken

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Blimey, it's not like Swansea to be efficient. Keep it real quiet or you will trash their reputation.

Glad you got it without hiccups. When I fill the forms in I always feel like I'm asking my dad for pocket money and he is gonna kick me right up the 3 point endorsement :)

Yes I understand, this was my first renewal - I did open the letter with some trepidation.

Reactions: gvintagedrken

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
I wouldn't quite say 'without faff' @Snapsy , if you apply on-line then you need to undergo an extra identity verification process through a 3rd party. I chose Experian, but to say that they ask for your mum's shoe size is not far off the mark. That's the only painful bit of the process though. (Hate to think how much trouble you'll have if you lose the Experian PIN somewhere down the road!)
The verification is by far the most time consuming (and in my experience, slightly annoying) part of doing it online, but at-least once you have done it, it's done and ready for the next application.