GoFundMe for Mrs Robbieswan??

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All, Just thinking out loud here.....I am wondering if anyone in the UK, maybe Admin? would know about going ahead and setting up a GoFundMe or similar account to raise money for Mrs Robbie and her family.....I think it would be a wonderful gesture towards the family and let them know that Robbie and they are not left unthought of at this time of year. I'm in Canada and know nothing about these things in the UK, but can you imagine if all of us pitched in $20 - 50 what an impact that could have on the family?! Of course no set amount is requested, but if that were the average - amazing! As I say, I am just thinking out loud here but hopefully someone will be willing to put my thoughts into action......Blessings/L

Reactions: ziggy_w

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindijanice I have had correspondence on the matter, and can inform you that MrsRobbie does NOT want any fundraising for herself, but would be delighted if we made a donation to a suitable good cause/charity.

Edited: For fat finger syndrome

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedbird

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello members – Please note that this is not an official DCUK initiative, but in this extraordinary instance it will be allowed to stand.

It is understandable that some members may like to do something to mark Robbie's passing.

As Walnut-face states that @Mrsrobbieswan would prefer any donations be made to charities, in memory of Robbie, it could therefore be most appropriate for each member to select an appropriate charity, for themselves, to make any donations.

Most charities have an online presence where donations, including any relevant Gift Aid may be made.

Reactions: archersuz

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello members – Please note that this is not an official DCUK initiative, but in this extraordinary instance it will be allowed to stand.

It is understandable that some members may like to do something to mark Robbie's passing.

As Walnut-face states that @Mrsrobbieswan would prefer any donations be made to charities, in memory of Robbie, it could therefore be most appropriate for each member to select an appropriate charity, for themselves, to make any donations.

Most charities have an online presence where donations, including any relevant Gift Aid may be made.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for the input all those have contacted Mrs Robbie and DCUK's input. I shall look into making a donation somewhere in his honor. Blessings all/L

Mrsrobbieswan

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What a lovely thought, but please donate to any charity of your choice. You can do it in Robbie's name without issue xx Thank you.

Reactions: Books1 and ickihun

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Perhaps a donation to one of the many smaller T1 charities might be a good idea.

Reactions: Sue192