Type 2 Going cinema tonight what do I take as snacks?

Marvel_champ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Marvel_champ

Are you going to see batman vs superman? can you come back on forum and tell me if its got lots of swearing in it? my 8 year old is begging me to take him, apparently Kung Fu Panda isn't cool mum! :rolleyes:

and you can tell us what snacks you had :D

Thank you :)

I did indeed watch BvS: DOJ and it was freaking awesome!! No swearing, except for Lex Luthor being called psychotic by Lois Lane.

I bought a bag of butterkist 6 pack toffee popcorn, bag of chocolate honeycombs, bag of honey roasted cashew nuts and I only had the 1 pack as I went for a meal before with my friends and had dough balls with olive oil and cheese dip and a bacon cheese burger with baby gem lettuce, slice of tomato and mayonnaise.

Marvel_champ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe the film will be SO good and entertaining, you may forget to eat snacks. When I used to go to the cinema with my child, I would just have a coffee. I know some type 2's recommend, nuts and pork scratchings as snack foods.
I hope you enjoy the film and your night out :)

The film was that amazing I forgot about the snacks.

Marvel_champ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you do fancy a snack rather than go without....you could cut some cheese into chunks...and some plain nuts/seeds ... bottle of water to flush it down. Pumpkin seeds are nice slightly toasted and sprinkled with salt...they are small and fiddly to eat one by one so little goes long way..;) You might have to sneak your snacks in though, as already mentioned, not every cinema allow your own snacks.

Why cheese, it will just stink up the cinema screen room.

Lidl have a good selection of nuts......but crunch quietly please!

Don't have a Lidl store near me.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did indeed watch BvS: DOJ and it was freaking awesome!! No swearing, except for Lex Luthor being called psychotic by Lois Lane.

I bought a bag of butterkist 6 pack toffee popcorn, bag of chocolate honeycombs, bag of honey roasted cashew nuts and I only had the 1 pack as I went for a meal before with my friends and had dough balls with olive oil and cheese dip and a bacon cheese burger with baby gem lettuce, slice of tomato and mayonnaise.

Thank you, your a star for getting back to me, husband and 8 year old are ganging up on me to go to see the film

Marvel_champ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe just water to drink?

I haven't had snacks in the cinema since I was a child. Now I'm T2 I tend to just stick to eating at mealtimes only.

Paying for water is something that I don't do when I go out. If anything I would have a pint of lager, a milky tea or a diet soda.

Marvel_champ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you, your a star for getting back to me, husband and 8 year old are ganging up on me to go to see the film

I've got to warn you about two scenes which might be unsuitable for your 8 year old as (Spoiler Alert) their is a scene where you have Lois Lane in a bathtub of water and Superman joining in with her and making out and one with Gal Gadot as wonder woman looking well sexy in her outfit.:woot::woot:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Um, no disrespect but you asked for suggestions what to have, don't like/agree with any of them and then buy the sweetest stuff there is and bags of it!

Honey roasted nuts? Why not dry roasted? Toffee popcorn, why not salted? As for honeycomb..if you choose to have something that isn't good, that's fair enough and your choice of course. But why buy so much stuff you know is going to send your blood sugar soaring?

Reactions: 2 people

Ruth_C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am just back from Batman Vs Superman and think that asides
from all the violence there is only one bad word in the whole movie. The Caped Crusader does utter one, "oh s#it!" towards the end.
Apart from that, I don't think there was anything in there that any kid these days would find out of the ordinary...
On the snack front, I chose to abstain, on the basis that I was busted after Chinese food for dinner. (also, I'm not Type2 and therefore too uninformed to comment on what is/isn't suitable for all LCHF-ers!)
Go spend your £6.50, enjoy the movie, save your $$$ on snacks and buy something fruity and red on the way home. That's what I've gone for.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1459031514.486547.jpg

Marvel_champ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Um, no disrespect but you asked for suggestions what to have, don't like/agree with any of them and then buy the sweetest stuff there is and bags of it!

Honey roasted nuts? Why not dry roasted? Toffee popcorn, why not salted? As for honeycomb..if you choose to have something that isn't good, that's fair enough and your choice of course. But why buy so much stuff you know is going to send your blood sugar soaring?

I only had the one 25g bag of popcorn and when I got home my dad scoffed down the chocolate honeycomb and popcorn. I could have boughted much more as I had bags of revels, heroes and chocolate Brazil nuts, in my basket at tesco, but I decided not to.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I only had the one 25g bag of popcorn and when I got home my dad scoffed down the chocolate honeycomb and popcorn. I could have boughted much more as I had bags of revels, heroes and chocolate Brazil nuts, in my basket at tesco, but I decided not to.
Hi. Glad you enjoyed the film :)

I hate to be Buzz Killington here, but I was concerned to read on your other thread that you are injecting insulin but don't test your blood. Please call your doctor ASAP and get a prescription for test strips.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got to warn you about two scenes which might be unsuitable for your 8 year old as (Spoiler Alert) their is a scene where you have Lois Lane in a bathtub of water and Superman joining in with her and making out and one with Gal Gadot as wonder woman looking well sexy in her outfit.:woot::woot:

You are so right he is at the kissing is disgusting stage and hides his face :D