Going Off Jardiance Question

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 2 in July. FBG 16.2. A1C 11.8%. Started LCHF and swimming. In October new FBG 7.3. A1C 6.1%.

BG has been steadily declining (see profile pic). Had a few readings in the 3s. Doc took me off Jardiance last week. (Still on Metformin 2,000 mg/day and Sitagliptin.)

I've had a headache since and my readings are all over the place. A 7.6 after lunch (cold cuts, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese). Highest it's been in four weeks. Two hours later it's 4.4. Similar readings yesterday.

Diet and exercise are the same. I eat less than 40 grams of carbs/day. Anyone know if these wild fluctuations are normal after getting off Jardiance? I'm a bit worried. Previous readings were steadily in the high 4s-low 5s.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Interested as I take this drug, it is very effective, maybe too effective in your case? Hope you get the right answers, if My guess was useful Id guess maybe you just need to give it some time?

Reactions: neithskye and ringi

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Many of the leading LCHF doctors take people off Jardiance before the person starts low carbs. There is a current debate going on over the safety of Jardiance when combined with very low carb, personly I think the only statement that can be made, is that no one has enough data to know.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many of the leading LCHF doctors take people off Jardiance before the person starts low carbs. There is a current debate going on over the safety of Jardiance when combined with very low carb, personly I think the only statement that can be made, is that no one has enough data to know.
Wow. Interesting. No one told me this.

I guess I'll keep monitoring. I'm used to going up or down by 0.2 or 0.4. Not 7.6 to 4.4 to 6.4 within a few hours. Don't know why I'm doing that.