Golf & Type 1

Killi123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Are they any fellow golfers and type 1ers who would be interested in meeting up for a round of golf and a chat?
I live in Lancashire, look forward to meet fellow golfers (male & female).
Many thanks
Kate

Garyg 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Are they any fellow golfers and type 1ers who would be interested in meeting up for a round of golf and a chat?
Many thanks
Kate
Would love to but live in Hampshire.

bree1982

Hi
Many thanks
Kate

Yeah l would have been up for this, im up in glasgow however....

On the subject of golf, what do you like your BG to be at the 1rst tee..?

My home cousre has 2 very steep long hills on 1 and 2, l need to be sitting around 12 with a can of coke on hand, by the time l hit 18 they are around 7...

The walk and the movement really drops my BG

Brendan

Garyg 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I play in the morning I don’t take any novo rapid because like you my BG level drops really quick and I have to have a banana halfway round.

Killi123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, it's a pity we all live in different directions... it would have been great to meet up.

I was diagnosed with type 1 last year during lockdown, with all the golf courses closed I could manage my BG levels very well and stay within the range 6 to 8. But now I am backing playing golf, OMG my BG levels drop very quickly to sometimes below 3.5. I've a small can of coke to hand along with jelly babies!!

I usually have a slice of toast before I start a round, so my BG are around 12 before I play, like you the walking and playing soon drops the levels.

I am still learning how to manage my diabetes, especially playing different sports the impact my BG have.

It's great to chat to you both.

Kate