1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Golf & Type 1

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Killi123, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Killi123

Killi123 Type 1 · Member

Hi
    Are they any fellow golfers and type 1ers who would be interested in meeting up for a round of golf and a chat?
    I live in Lancashire, look forward to meet fellow golfers (male & female).
    Many thanks
    Kate

2. Garyg 2

Garyg 2 Type 1 · Member

Would love to but live in Hampshire.

3. bree1982

bree1982 · Member

Yeah l would have been up for this, im up in glasgow however....

On the subject of golf, what do you like your BG to be at the 1rst tee..?

My home cousre has 2 very steep long hills on 1 and 2, l need to be sitting around 12 with a can of coke on hand, by the time l hit 18 they are around 7...

The walk and the movement really drops my BG

Brendan

4. Garyg 2

Garyg 2 Type 1 · Member

If I play in the morning I don’t take any novo rapid because like you my BG level drops really quick and I have to have a banana halfway round.

5. Killi123

Killi123 Type 1 · Member

Hi, it's a pity we all live in different directions... it would have been great to meet up.

I was diagnosed with type 1 last year during lockdown, with all the golf courses closed I could manage my BG levels very well and stay within the range 6 to 8. But now I am backing playing golf, OMG my BG levels drop very quickly to sometimes below 3.5. I've a small can of coke to hand along with jelly babies!!

I usually have a slice of toast before I start a round, so my BG are around 12 before I play, like you the walking and playing soon drops the levels.

I am still learning how to manage my diabetes, especially playing different sports the impact my BG have.

It's great to chat to you both.

Kate

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook