Gone off the rails

JayF

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on Lantus and Novorapid. On the odd occasion I fall off the rails (like yesterday evening), I bolus for the increase in carbs but then find my blood sugars run higher for a few days until everything settles down again. It's as if the basal then can't cope. Does anyone else experience this? If so, do you do anything different?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on Lantus and Novorapid. On the odd occasion I fall off the rails (like yesterday evening), I bolus for the increase in carbs but then find my blood sugars run higher for a few days until everything settles down again. It's as if the basal then can't cope. Does anyone else experience this? If so, do you do anything different?

Hi,

Lantus; does everything seem to "settle down" coinciding with a change of a fresh insulin cartridge or pen?

Reactions: JayF

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.

I'm on the same. I find if I wake up high, it can take a couple of days to get back to reasonable levels. Also, if I don't exercise or miss a day, my BSG is often double.

Reactions: JayF

JayF

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Lantus; does everything seem to "settle down" coinciding with a change of a fresh insulin cartridge or pen?
No not for me it doesn't seem to make any difference whether the cartridge has just been changed, is halfway through or nearly finished