Good app for counting carbs and food info

Philb69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya

I am new to the forum and was diagnosed with type 2 about 3 weeks ago. I was wondering if anybody knows of a good iphone app to count carbs and other food stuff. I have already got a sd codefree meter but only just started to use it as i have just came back off holiday this morning. Just to say i have read messages on this forum all the time i have been away and found it really useful.

Thanks
Phil

Andrew_Type2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome Phil. I used a Fitbit which worked well for me & it's compatible with your iPhone. I don't use it anymore as I feel I know what I can and can't eat, but it helped me no end. There are more experienced people on here though who will probably give you better choices.
Get into the low carb diet my friend
Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: Lily1042

auroralapetite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MyFitnessPal is great for tracking calories and carbs, they have a huge database of raw ingredients if you like to cook and for any processed food, there is usually an entry already for it.

Reactions: Petal55

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Carbs & Cals. This is available from Amazon in book form and is also available as an app. It isn't one you can record stuff on, but it is invaluable if you want to look up how many carbs, calories, protein, fats and fibre there is in thousands of food stuffs - all with colour photos of the food on a plate, with the weight.

As an example plucked out of it, roasted peanuts have 1g. carbs, 60 calories, 3g protein, 5g fat (1g saturated) and 1g fibre for every 10g nuts (one tablespoon)

Philb69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank everyone
I will give them all a try. I am using nutracheck but it wants £30 for the full version but don't know if it's worth it.
Cheers
Phil

Looseboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
I use MyFitnessPal and it seems to do the job well enough on the free version for me.

I did purchase Carbs and Cals but TBH not finding myself using it. Although I know it gets lots of positive reviews.

Reactions: Petal55