13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Excellent fbg today William @Liam1955 the Dapagliflozin meds seem to be working well for you. You must be delighted?

D

debrasue

Good Morning everyone!
My task for the day is to get my feet ready for inspection for thursdays eye/feet yearly check up, as wednesday I will be resting after coronary angiogram.
Pedi egg at the ready after 20-30min soak.
Mr ickihun's vigor is needed as I no longer have the puff to do it. He gets all the best jobs! I make sure he's well repaid thou. Ha ha
What antics are you up to today?
Hugs and virtually sterile kisses to those with coughs and colds.
Squashy hugs to those with viruses and more.

Oh ok then, hugs to the none ill type 2s too.
We all deserve one!
I hope all goes well today, Vicky. Big hugs xx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Angiogram cancelled due to rapid heart beat wouldnt reduce to limit for ct machine. :(
Only trouble is I have to have the invasive one now instead. I really tried to relax but the area you prepare in is full of activity, no where to relax fully. I relaxed for about 20mins but wasn't enough to settle my fast heart beat, even with betablockers.
No further forward! :(

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
1/2 - Good Morning from a wet and raining York. Hugs to all the poorly people and to everyone else - enjoy your day :).
Later this morning off to IKEA in Leeds with R, Daughter and Grandchild, I'm in the back seat with Grandchild who is 3 months old now.:)
@ickihun - Vicky, when is the 'invasive' one due? And what is it? :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
1/2 - Good Morning from a wet and raining York. Hugs to all the poorly people and to everyone else - enjoy your day :).
Later this morning off to IKEA in Leeds with R, Daughter and Grandchild, I'm in the back seat with Grandchild who is 3 months old now.:)
@ickihun - Vicky, when is the 'invasive' one due? And what is it? :)
No date yet, told within a month. They put a catherter through arteries to heart from wrist hole. To look for blockages. Just local anesthesia and hoping a day job in hospital only. :( Not a happy bunny today. I'm feeling rough from all the beta blockers and hassle yesterday, for nothing. :(

A

asparagusp

Vicky I really feel for you. I know I couldn't endure all these health problems you have had and have. You are a tough cookie and I admire you for it.

Reactions: tina_marie

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
2/2 - Good Morning from a dull and dreary York. Hugs sent out to all the poorly people :). And everybody else have a good day :).
Well chuffed with my fasting today of 5.8 - the Dapagliflozin is definitely working. Well Done @13lizanne on your HBA1C of 41 brilliant result :happy:.

A

asparagusp

Liam I thought your success was attributed to cutting out artificial sweetners! I will ask my Consultant if Dapagliflozin is for me. Cheers and enjoy your day!

Reactions: ickihun

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@asparagusp - Dapagliflozin makes you wee a lot more, as it makes the kidneys filter more sugar out of your blood. Drinking plenty of water is needed to prevent dehydration with this drug too. I had been on it before way back in 2015 for a year (it was stopped in June 2016). After 6 months of being on this drug I then began to suffer with terrible recurring episodes of Burning Urine and Thrush in my groin (for the remaining 6 months) and these were just 2 out of 3 side effects that come with the drug. But I lost 1 stone 4 lbs in weight and my HBA1C came down from 81 to 56. Vicky - @ickihun was on a simular drug = Canagliflozin.
However, my GP did say that I am to cut down/stop sugary stuff in my diet too. Have to get my HBA1C down to hopefully 55! = Lower will be even better.
This time I have managed to cut down my Insulin by 6 units from last Thursday to only 38 units, and hope to reduce the Insulin even more whilst on this drug. :)

Last edited:
A

asparagusp

Yes I read a bit about the drug on drugs.com a few minutes ago. So are you having side effects again? mmm Ironically for me Levothyroxine which I am on for another two months can decrease urine output amongst loads of other side effects ..... one of which is possible increase of blood sugar!

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes I read a bit about the drug on drugs.com a few minutes ago. So you are having side effects again? mmm Ironically for me Levothyroxine which I am on for another two months can decrease urine output amongst loads of other side effects ..... one of which is possible increase of blood sugar!
That is interesting @asparagusp . I've been on that 24yrs but no problems. Although on strict low carb I started palpatations and now have a fast heart rate of which is part of my heart investigations. My bgs would br lower without levothyroxine and blood pressure too but underactive thyroid without meds is horrific and I act like I have brain damage, slow and always cold with no energy. Worth the (side affects) switch, I feel.
What I do is I compare the side affect with the tablet's benefit. Canagliflozin was soul destroying for me as I'd just got rid of 2 and a half years of thrush to get it back on canagliflozin. :( I couldnt emotionally cope with the painful thrush. Excellent bgs thou and far less insulin. Anyone who doesn't get thrush its definitely a winner of a type2 med.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@asparagusp - Not got Thrush/ Burning Urine Yet! Had it repeatedly when on the Dapagliflozin before. But, I am already armed with a Prescription from my GP for Antibiotics at the first sign of Burning Urine/Thrush and have bought in several boxes of Cystocalm Sachets.
I am quite "annoyed" at with my GP to be honest! When he put me on the liquid Morphine for Severe pain I said I was concerned about blood sugars going high? And he said: 'Don't worry about that, let's get pain relief under control first'.
Up until I took the Morphine my blood sugars were fairly good and under control - they only went up on occasions, but I knew why? - because I would eat **** and Chocolate!!:D
All the hard work into keeping blood sugars down, was a waste of time and my hard work down the drain and I really did feel like throwing in the towel and stopping every medication I was on! I actually asked him if he would consider putting me back on the Dapagliflozin = but I am only on it for 6 months or until my HBA1C gets down to 55 or less, then I am off it.:)

Reactions: ickihun

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
2/2 - Good Morning from a dull and dreary York. Hugs sent out to all the poorly people :). And everybody else have a good day :).
Well chuffed with my fasting today of 5.8 - the Dapagliflozin is definitely working. Well Done @13lizanne on your HBA1C of 41 brilliant result :happy:.
Thank you William, encouragement is always appreciated.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi Vicky. I have never had thrush and really don't fancy it. The Levothyroxine is possibly causing me pain in my knees, one more than the other., and other parts of my body, especially last night so very little sleep ...... https://www.drugs.com/sfx/levothyroxine-side-effects.html - scary! What dosage are you on?
I'm on 200mg per day. I try and take on empty stomach like advised but I cannot leave drugs around for little man to get hold of so locked in a medicine cabinet so only once up I take them with other meds. I forget otherwise. I haven't forgotten meds for a while doing it as I do so sticking with it.. if I was to forget 2 other meds I'd have a stroke so more important than late taken levothyroxine. I feel.
Just had a blood test and thyroid level good on 200mg even thou I thought it was that which caused palpatations on very low carb. GP confirmed 200mg is right for me.
I may get endocrologist to test me again for cushings as I have most of its symptoms. Adrenaline stopped ct meds working, I feel. I'm constantly ready to act. Not on edge but fired up to act if I have to. Adrenaline charged, I feel.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope I'm not repeating myself @13lizanne when I too say I'm delighted by your low hba1c. Sorry if I am. :)

A

asparagusp

@asparagusp - Not got Thrush/ Burning Urine Yet! Had it repeatedly when on the Dapagliflozin before. But, I am already armed with a Prescription from my GP for Antibiotics at the first sign of Burning Urine/Thrush and have bought in several boxes of Cystocalm Sachets.
I am quite "annoyed" at with my GP to be honest! When he put me on the liquid Morphine for Severe pain I said I was concerned about blood sugars going high? And he said: 'Don't worry about that, let's get pain relief under control first'.
Up until I took the Morphine my blood sugars were fairly good and under control - they only went up on occasions, but I knew why? - because I would eat **** and Chocolate!!:D
All the hard work into keeping blood sugars down, was a waste of time and my hard work down the drain and I really did feel like throwing in the towel and stopping every medication I was on! I actually asked him if he would consider putting me back on the Dapagliflozin = but I am only on it for 6 months or until my HBA1C gets down to 55 or less, then I am off it.:)

A vicious circle Liam as of course antibiotics can elevate blood sugar! You probably know this already! Fingers crossed!