Good snack!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I needed a snack in town this mid-day, having done a lot of walking since my "crozzled" bacon breakfast. I stopped in to the small town centre Sainsbury's and found Dairylea cheese strips. Delicious, almost 0 carb and easy to carry about.
Done some checking and found I'm not eating enough animal fat. Numbers still good, but weight static.

mirziana

hi there, i heard that you got a good snack on that particular morning...hmm...hoping that you had a great day...hmm...i`ve some suggestion that i had, how about having muesli that will make you stay healthy and it`s suitable for all diabetes patients....well, have a try ya...TAKE CARE... :p

Trinkwasser

mirziana said:
hi there, i heard that you got a good snack on that particular morning...hmm...hoping that you had a great day...hmm...i`ve some suggestion that i had, how about having muesli that will make you stay healthy and it`s suitable for all diabetes patients....well, have a try ya...TAKE CARE... :p

I hope you are a Type 1 on insulin! Muesli spikes me to a ridiculous level, Some people can get away with it, others only in the evening, me never! (I speak from experience, ate the stuff for years without realising what it was doing to me)

Doug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Trinkwasser,
I am type 2 on tablet and diet and enjoy muesli, does this mean I have to give it up? As I am newly diagnosed, I want to do everything to get my blood sugar level down so maybe I will.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Doug,test before eating it,hour after for the 'spike' and then two hours later to see if has gone down.That's the only way you will know if you can continue eating it.

Trinkwasser

Doug said:
Hi Trinkwasser,
I am type 2 on tablet and diet and enjoy muesli, does this mean I have to give it up? As I am newly diagnosed, I want to do everything to get my blood sugar level down so maybe I will.

Test after eating

http://www.diabetic-talk.org/jennifer.htm

you may find you can get away with it. You may find you can only eat it in the evening. Personally I am limited to around 15g carbs at breakfast, many diabetics have to do even less. I can do about 30g by evening, and 50g at a stretch, some diabetics can do considerably more.

I can't do any cereals in the morning except oatcakes. Some people can. My experience is that a lot of "healthy" foods aren't, my usual breakfast is fish or sometimes meat with loads of salad and a maximum of two oatcakes - high protein, moderate fat, low carb keeps me going longest.

The key to this disease is testing to find what *you* can eat, which is why refusing test strips is such appalling treatment.