Goodies from colleagues

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
I really don't know how to handle this. I have been diabetic for 6 years and have lovely work Coleagues, however they continue to offer me cakes and chocolate bars on a weekly basis. Last week it was chocolate chip muffins on Friday as a Friday treat and then this week the were crunchie chocolate bars. I do often turn them down but feel guilty for doing so and then this week the crunchie was just placed on the table in front of me. I have no will power also and have real battles with chocolate. My colleague knows I'm diabetic but still does this and I don't want to hurt her feelings as she is such a lovely person, she just doesn't think. I have turned them down on occasions and explained why, but temptation is becoming too great. Sorry not looking for advice or solution just wanted to vent.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tell her you are really struggling at the moment with your sugars so you would really appreciate it if she wouldn't do that. Or take in your own treat and get it out when they do. I did that. I took sugar free jelly pots in. Now when people bring in treats for everyone they bring in a pot for me.
People get mixed messages from the diabetes community sometimes. Some type 1 s will eat anything but will inject for it. So it gets confusing for some people. Will power can be stretched sometimes but keep on going. You are doing well.

Sos just noticed you didn't want advice!!!! I'll get me coat.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in a work place that eats a lot of that food too and they have morning teas often. I never join in the morning teas, and if my colleagues offer me something to eat I always say no. They all know I will say no, but they offer anyhow to ensure they aren't excluding me. I appreciate their thoughtfulness, but I realise it's up to me whether or not I accept what they're offering. I always just smile at them and say no thanks but thanks for offering. It's hard I know when you're tempted. For me these days a lot of foods they eat equals pain for me anyhow so that puts me off straight away. So I hear you... it's frustrating for sure.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just tell people I'm on a diet.
Everyone relates to that normally.

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Thank you she does know I'm struggling, which us the truth. Depending on my next HBA1C it could be insulin which she also knows. Thank you for your advice I know I said I was not looking for any but I do appreciate it @Mrs Vimes and @Mep aso @SunnyExpat

Reactions: 5 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Where I work cakes and other treats are either put in the kitchen or on top of filing cabinets and everyone helps themselves. Whilst I do occasionally indulge there is no pressure on me to do so!