Got Libra 2 on prescription

Big_Col

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had meeting with Diabetic Nurse. Had all my reasons lined up for why I needed it. Was I in for a surprise. He just looked at my meter, noticed I had more than 240 tests in the last 30 days, and said I'd automatically get it.

Didn't expect it to be so easy. :jimlad:

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
8 or more tests a day is one of the criteria because Libre works out cheaper so it shouldn't be a surprise although some CCGs/doctors don't seen to have worked that out yet.

Congratulations on getting Libre on prescription.
I urge you to learn about the limitation (as well as the official "how to use Libre"). Otherwise you will be frustrated.
They have been spelled out many many times on this forum and others.

Big_Col

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was doing the 8 tests a day only because my gp nurse who set it up advised me to before hand. Could have told me that was the reason.:)

I've used Libra 2 before and never had any problems with it.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news! That is how I got it too, but a bit frustrating at first for me as I had a clinic where I had been doing 6/7 tests a day, not realising what the thresholds were. Consultant was helpful and advised to up it to over 8 tests a day before my next clinic. Next clinic kept getting delayed by the hospital and ended up being 1 1/2 years later, but luckily got prescribed libre as promised! Such a useful tool. I use libre 2 with the Diabox app to turn it into a CGM. Then scan once every 8 hrs with libre link so the hospital can get access to my data too. Enjoy using it!

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I test 8 -10 times a day but when I asked at my doctors surgery I was told no chance !